TOWNSHIP OF TOMS RIVER
NOTICE OF THE SALE OF AND SOLICITATION OF BIDS
FOR A PLENARY RETAIL DISTRIBUTION LICENSE FOR THE SALE
OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
1. By resolution dated December 28, 2022, the Township Council of the
Township of Toms River authorized the sale of one (1) plenary retail distribution
license for the sale of alcoholic beverages in the Township of Toms River.
2. This sale will take place through public bidding pursuant to N.J.S.A.
3. The minimum bid price is $700,000, and the Township Council
reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
4. The successful bidder must under be duly qualified under the applicable
New Jersey statutes and the rules and regulations promulgated by the New Jersey
Alcoholic Beverage Commission (“ABC”).
5. The bidding process shall follow the following schedule:
Authorizing Resolution: December 28, 2022
Public Advertisement Dates: December 31, 2022
January 7, 2023
Application Deadline: February 7, 2023
Eligibility Announcements: February 27, 2023
Bidding Period: March 6, 2023 through
March 10, 2023
Bidding Opens: 8:00 am on March 6, 2023
Bidding Closes: 5:00 pm on March 10, 2023
Bid Opening: March 13, 2023
Final Payment Due: 30 days following bid
acceptance by the Township Council
6. This will be an Internet-based auction. Public bidding will be
conducted through www.usgovbid.com. Prospective bidders can access the auction
through that site by using the designated portal.
7. Prospective bidders must complete and file with the Township Clerk
application documents no later than 4:30 pm on February 7, 2023. Application
materials may be obtained from either www.usgovbid.com or the Township Clerk’s
office, but in either case must be submitted directly to the Township Clerk.
Applications submitted after that deadline will not be considered.
8. Prospective bidders determined to be qualified will be publicly
announced by the Township Clerk at 9:00 am on February 27, 2023. The
announcement shall take place at the Toms River Municipal Building, L. Manuel
Hirshblond Meeting Room, 33 Washington Street, Toms River, New Jersey, 08753.
9. Qualified bidders must thereafter promptly register with
www.usgovbid.com to participate in the auction. Only those bidders that have been
qualified by the Township Clerk may participate.
10. The bidding period opens at 8:00 am on Monday, March 6, 2023, and
closes at 5:00 pm on Friday, March 10, 2023. No bids will be received after the
bidding period closes. All bids must be submitted on-line through
11. Bids will be publicly opened at 11:00 am on Monday, March 13, 2023,
at the Toms River Municipal Building, L. Manuel Hirshblond Meeting Room, 33
Washington Street, Toms River, New Jersey, 08753, and also announced on
12. The successful bidder must, within 30 days following acceptance of the
bid by the Township Council, submit to the Township Clerk, the balance of the
amount of the bid. No extensions will be granted. Any deposits will be forfeited if
the successful bidder does not comply with this requirement. The successful bidder
must also promptly complete and file all documents necessary for the issuance of
this license with the New Jersey ABC.
DEPUTY TOWNSHIP CLERK
TOWNSHIP OF TOMS RIVER