This auction features One (1) Plenary Retail Consumption License for the Sale of Alcoholic Beverages in the Township of Toms River.
NOTE : PLEASE NOTE: AN INTERNET SERVICE FEE OF 6.5% WILL BE CHARGED TO THE WINNING BIDDER
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Prospective bidders must complete and file with the Township Clerk application documents no later than 4:30 pm on October 20, 2023. Application materials may be obtained from either www.usgovbid.com or the Township Clerk’s office, but in either case must be submitted directly to the Township Clerk. Applications submitted after that deadline will not be considered.
Prospective bidders determined to be qualified will be publicly announced by the Township Clerk at 9:00 am on November 3, 2023.
Qualified bidders must thereafter promptly register with www.usgovbid.com to participate in the auction. Only those bidders that have been qualified by the Township Clerk may participate.
Warning: These are real and actual government surplus online auctions. You MUST be 18 years old with a valid drivers license to create an account to bid on these auctions. You will be issued a 5-digit government bidding number after you create an account and pay your bidders deposit. Click on login/register to login (existing users) or register for an account.
This website is monitored regularly for any fraudulent activity and information. All fraudulent activity is reported to our local law enforcement agencies.
The terms for this auction are listed under the "Terms" tab.
NOTICE OF THE SALE OF AND SOLICITATION OF BIDS
FOR A PLENARY RETAIL CONSUMPTION LICENSE FOR THE SALE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
1. By resolution dated September 13, 2023, the Township Council of the Township of Toms River authorized the sale of one (1) plenary retail consumption license for the sale of alcoholic beverages in the Township of Toms River.
2. This sale will take place through public bidding pursuant to N.J.S.A. 33:1-19.1.
3. The minimum bid price is $500,000.00 and the Township Council reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
4. The successful bidder must under be duly qualified under the applicable New Jersey statutes and the rules and regulations promulgated by the New Jersey Alcoholic Beverage Commission (“ABC”).
5. The bidding process shall follow the following schedule:
· Authorizing Resolution: September 13, 2023
· Public Advertisement Dates: September 17, 2023
September 24, 2023
· Application Deadline: October 20, 2023
· Eligibility Announcements: November 3, 2023
· Bidding Period: November 6, 2023 through
November 9, 2023
· Bidding Opens: 8:00 am on November 6, 2023
· Bidding Closes: 5:00 pm on November 9, 2023
· Final Payment Due: 30 days following bid
acceptance by the Township Council
6. This will be an Internet-based auction. Public bidding will be conducted through www.usgovbid.com. Prospective bidders can access the auction through that site by using the designated portal.
7. Prospective bidders must complete and file with the Township Clerk application documents no later than 4:30 pm on October 20, 2023. Application materials may be obtained from either www.usgovbid.com or the Township Clerk’s office, but in either case must be submitted directly to the Township Clerk. Applications submitted after that deadline will not be considered.
8. Prospective bidders determined to be qualified will be informed by the Township Clerk by 9:00 am on November 3, 2023.
9. Qualified bidders must thereafter promptly register with www.usgovbid.com to participate in the auction. Only those bidders that have been qualified by the Township Clerk may participate.
10. The bidding period opens at 8:00 am on Monday, November 6, 2023, and closes at 5:00 pm on Thursday, November 9, 2023. No bids will be received after the bidding period closes. All bids must be submitted on-line through www.usgovbid.com.
11. The successful bidder must, within 30 days following acceptance of the bid by the Township Council, submit to the Township Clerk, the balance of the amount of the bid. No extensions will be granted. Any deposits will be forfeited if the successful bidder does not comply with this requirement. The successful bidder must also promptly complete and file all documents necessary for the issuance of this license with the New Jersey ABC.
TOWNSHIP OF TOMS RIVER